Surya Namasakar (Sun Salutation) is one of the most important yogasana of yoga practice. Surya Namasakar composed of two words ”Surya” and ”Namaskar’‘. Which means to Greet the sun. And the Sun is the main source of energy. Therefore, after performing Surya Namaskar, energy is transmitted to every part of the body.
Today we are going to explain in detail how to do Surya Namaskar posture and Surya namaskar benefits.
For complete information, read the article carefully and with interest till the end. You will surely understand all aspects of Surya namaskar Benefits and Surya namasakar steps very well.
Table Content :-
- Surya namaskar benefits
- Warm up before surya namaskar
- Surya namaskar mantra lyrics
- Surya namaskar steps with Surya namaskar mantra
- limitations of surya namaskar
- Surya namaskar dos and don’ts
- Frequently asked questions about surya namaskar
(A). Surya namaskar benefits :-
- Body weight stability & weight loss :-
Regular practice of Surya Namaskar makes digestive system active & strong. Which helps in reducing body weight. In addition, Surya Namaskar also tone & shaped the abdominal muscles and prevents unwanted fat deposition in these areas.
Surya Namaskar smoothes blood circulation. As a result, skin’s natural glow returns. In addition, of Surya namaskar benefits it prevents wrinkles, hair loss and hair whitening.
- Hormonal balance :-
Wonderful benefits of Surya Namaskar steps is, harmonizes various endocrine glands which helps in removing any irregularity of such glands. This improves their blood flow. And there is a balance of hormones in the body. This surya namaskar benefits for ladies is very effective.
- Relieves insomnia problem :-
Surya Namaskar helps insomnia patients. It removes stress, tension, calms the mind and induces sleep. It also ensures that you are not dependent on drugs and can sleep naturally.
- Relieves problems related to blood pressure and heart :-
Surya Namaskar is a natural treatment for blood pressure fluctuations. It is also very beneficial for the heart muscle and It is a great way to treat irregular heartbeat. This yoga technique also reduces the sugar level. As a result, the risk of heart attack is reduced, and your eyes, kidneys and nerves remain healthy.
Surya namaskar also focuses on breathing pattern. It calms your mind and sharpens your intelligence. Increases the energy level of the mind with a healthy body and makes you self-aware.
- Absorption of nutrients becomes easy :-
The benefits of surya namaskar steps is activation of the digestive system. Which makes easier for the body to absorb nutrients. Improved nutrient absorption regulates hormones and enables the body to perform important functions smoothly. In this way your overall health improves.
- Detoxifies the body :-
An integral part of Surya Namaskar is breathing and exhaling. Which increases lung efficiency. The amount of fresh oxygen supplied to the blood also increases. It releases carbon dioxide and other gases from your system at a rapid rate and detoxifies the body. The pores of the skin open. Due to which all the waste of the body goes out in the form of sweat.
Vitamin D deficiency weakens a person’s bones and can also cause skeletal deformity. People suffering from vitamin D deficiency are also at higher risk of heart diseases and premature death. Since Surya Namaskar is performed while facing the Sun, it helps the body to absorb the required amount of Vitamin D. This ensures that both your bones and body muscles remain healthy.
- Increase Activeness of whole body :-
12 poses of surya namaskar is best exercise for whole body. Because Surya namaskar is only one Yoga asana in which whole body parts active in same time.
Also read for weight loss :- बढ़ा हुआ पेट कम करने के उपाय | Motapa Aur Pet Kam Karnae Ke Upay | Weight Loss Tips in Hindi
(B). Warm up exercise before surya namaskar :-
Surya Namaskar 12 steps exercise is for all the parts of the entire body. Therefore, it is necessary to do a subtle exercise of all the organs before this Surya Namaskar steps. Following Yoga exercise should be done before surya namaskar poses practice.
- Waist twisting
(C). Surya namaskar mantra lyrics
Surya namaskar mantra give us peace of mind and brightness in life. Every mantra conveys a social message to bring brightness & happiness in life.
1. OM Mitraya Namah (ॐ मित्राय नम:) :- Be friendly with all .
2. OM Ravayre Namah (ॐ रवये नम:) :- Bring Brightness in life.
3. OM Suryaya Namah (ॐ सूर्याय नम:) :- Erase the darkness and makes life dynamic.
4. OM Bhanave Namah (ॐ भानवे नमः) :- Make life always bright.
5. OM Khagaya Namah (ॐ खगाय नमः) :- Effort should be omnipresent and makes your thoughts like a wide blue sky.
6. OM Pushne Namah (ॐ पूष्णे नमः) :- Nourishes and brings fulfillment in life.
7. OM Hiranyagarbhaya Namah (ॐ हिरण्यगर्भाय नमः) :- Get talent to make life color like gold
8. OM Marichaye Namah (ॐ मरीचये नमः) :- Help the human being by self talent & sources.
9. OM Adityaya Namah (ॐ आदित्याय नम:) :- Care of earth and Universe.
10. OM Savitre Namah (ॐ सवित्रे नमः) :- Make life beautiful on this earth.
11. OM Arkaya Namah (ॐ अर्काय नमः) :- Make life worthy of praise and glory.
12. OM Bhaskaraya Namah (ॐ भास्कराय नमः) :- Feel knowledge and light of the universe in life.
Must read benefits of yoga :- 10 amazing benefits of yoga who bring happiness in your life.
(D). Surya namaskar steps with Surya namaskar mantra :-
Step 1. Pranamasana (Prayer pose) :-
First, make sure you stand upright. Your feet should be parallel to the front and directly below the hips. Roll your shoulders back, your chest should be open, chin and eyes should be in the front. Now breathe normally and tell deeply surya namaskar mantra “OM Mitraya Namah” (ॐ मित्राय नम:।). While chanting the mantra, mixing your palms together will create a prayer posture.
Step 2. Hastauttanasana (Raised arms Pose) :-
Taking long deep breaths with chanting “OM Ravayre Namah” (ॐ रवये नम:). While stretching and chanting the mantra, you have to move both hands towards the sky as far back as possible. The palm of both your hands should be facing the front. Make sure that your head is always between your hands in this Surya namaskar steps.
Step 3. Hasta Padasana :-
Now exhaling breath and While chanting Surya namaskar mantra “OM Suryaya Namah” (ॐ सूर्याय नम:), try to touch both the hands downwards on both sides of the feet on the ground. Try to keep the back as parallel to the legs as possible. And to ensure that the knees of the feet remain straight and the weight of the entire body falls equally on both the legs.
Step 4. Ashwa Sanchalanasana (Equestrian Pose) :-
While chanting the mantra “OM Bhanave Namah” (ॐ भानवे नमः) deep inhale, move your right leg behind the body and without touching the knee, touch the toes of the foot on the ground. Make sure your left knee is at a 90 degree angle and your palms are flat on the ground. In this case, your head should be facing forward.
Step 5. Dandasana (Plank Pose) :-
Deeply Slowly Exhale in this posture of Surya Namaskar. While reciting the mantra “OM Khagaya Namah” (ॐ खगाय नमः), move your left leg backward and come in the plank posture. Make sure that when you are in the plank posture, your axes are neither lifting too high nor pushing them down from your back. Your lower back and your body should align.
Step 6. Ashtanga Namaskar (Salute with eight parts or points) :-
While reciting the surya namaskar mantra “OM Hiranyagarbhaya Namah” (ॐ हिरण्यगर्भाय नमः), bring your knees down to the ground. Feel like you are doing push-ups, bring your chest down and your chin down, and keep eyes on the front. The hips will be raised slightly. In this state, eight parts of the body touch the ground, so this pose is called Ashtanga Namaskar.
Step 7. Bhujangasana (Cobra pose) :-
While inhaling deep slow breath, chant the mantra “OM Hiranyagarbhaya Namah” (ॐ हिरण्यगर्भाय नमः). Now slowly raise your head upwards like a snake and keep the navel on the ground. When you are in this posture, do not keep your shoulders under tension and the chest should be stretch outwards.
Step 8. Parvatasana (Mountain Pose) :-
In this Surya namaskar poses chant surya namaskar mantra “OM Marichaye Namah” (ॐ मरीचये नमः) and exhaled deep breath. As you raise your back in reverse try to touch the heel on the floor and try to lengthen your spine.
Step 9. Ashwa Sanchalanasana (Equestrian Pose) :-
Now take a breath, and chant Surya namaskar mantra “OM Adityaya Namah” (ॐ आदित्याय नम:). While chanting the mantra, move your right leg forward, if your right foot does not come forward. You can move your left knee to the floor and then move your right leg forward or forward with your hand.
Step 10. Hasta Padasana (Hand to foot pose) :-
While extending left leg in this Surya namaskar steps, chant the surya namaskar mantra “OM Savitre Namah (ॐ सवित्रे नमः). Exhale slowly in this position and try and touch your toes. Place your palms on the floor and stretch as much as you can.
Step 11. Hastauttanasana (Raised arms Pose) :-
Deeply inhale In this Surya namaskar posture & raise your hand backwards during chanting the mantra “OM Arkaya Namah” (ॐ अर्काय नमः). And try to bend the waist towards back like Arc as much as you can.
Step 12. Pranamasana (Prayer Pose) :-
While chanting the surya namaskar mantra “OM Bhaskaraya Namah (ॐ भास्कराय नमः). Both the hands will come back downward in a relaxed prayer posture.
In this way, the half cycle of these 12 poses of surya namaskar yoga is completed. In the next cycle, the left leg will be moved back, the rest of the action will be the same. Thus you have complete one cycle of Surya Namaskar .
(E). Limitations of surya namaskar :-
- Patients with severe heart problems, high BP People should not do Surya Namaskar.
- Pregnant women and during menstruation should not do Surya Namaskar.
- Surya Namaskar yoga should be avoided during wrist injury, knee pain and back pain.
- Make sure that you are following the correct sequence of breathing and exhaling in each posture.
- Before doing Surya Namaskar one must do subtle exercise of all the body parts.
- While doing Surya Namaskar yoga, the stomach should always be empty.
(F). Surya namaskar dos and don’ts :-
- Savasan & Bhramari Pranayama must do after Surya namaskar steps practices.
- Not performing breathing techniques properly.
- Confusion while moving from Bhujangasana to Mountains.
- Lowering of spine during dandasana.
- Lack of balance in the arms, neck and spine at the time of hand-lift.
- Not properly warmed up.
- Surya Namaskar 12 Steps to be left in the incomplete cycle.
- Misalignment of Surya Namaskar Steps.
- To control the pressure on the knees while operating the Equestrian Pose.
- Performing all 12 sets at once by Surya Namaskar for Beginners.
- Regularly increasing the number of sets of Surya Namaskar 12 Steps.
Therefore, all these mistakes must be kept in mind while doing Surya Namaskar 12 Steps. All these tips will be very helpful for Surya Namaskar for Beginners to do surya namaskar steps properly.
(G). Frequently asked questions about surya namaskar :-
- What is the best time to do Surya Namaskar 12 Poses?
The best time to do Surya Namaskar is in the morning or slightly before sunrise. If you practice Surya Namaskar Yoga in the morning, then your whole body becomes energetic and agile. So that your whole day is spent with energy and agility.
- In which direction should we do Surya Namaskar?
Surya Namaskar should always be facing east. Due to which our skin gets a lot of nutrition in the form of Vitamin D. And all skin related diseases go away. And the face glows.
- Asana or Pranayama should be done after 12 poses of surya namaskar?
Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation) is in itself a very good easy exercise for your whole body. Therefore, after doing Surya Namaskar, lie down and relax completely. And then do pranayama.
We hope you get all the information about surya namaskar benefits, surya namaskar steps & surya namaskar mantra lyrics . Your valuable comments are required in comments section for making this blog more better.
Related Post :-
Blog by :- Anil Ramola