Low blood pressure (Hypotension) is a hidden disease. We are saying it Hidden disease because it’s affect some people and some not. But ignoring it can be very harmful.
In this blog we can understand all aspects of low blood pressure (bp low) one by one by Below Table content. So, stay with us till the end of blog for better understanding.
Table Content :-
- What is low blood pressure (bp low)
- Types of low blood pressure
- Low bp symptoms
- Low bp causes
- Low blood pressure treatment
- Low blood pressure diet
(A). What is low blood pressure (bp low) :-
The blood pressure of a healthy person is up to 120/80 mmHg but when the blood pressure is less than 90/60 mmHg then it is called low blood pressure (bp low) or Hypotension disease.
In bp low condition, the working efficiency of the heart decreases, due to which the supply of blood to the brain and other parts of the body is not done smoothly. Due to which there is weakness in the body and it takes a lot of time for the body parts to understand the instruction of the brain.
Blood pressure can be measure at home by Sphygmomanometer. low blood pressure range easily identified by its digital reading. You can buy it online from Amazon website on heavy discount.
(B). Types of low blood pressure :-
There are mainly 3 types of low blood pressure and its effect on the body is also different.
(i). Orthostatic or Postural hypotension :-
When a person is sitting or lying in the same position for a long time, then due to gravity, blood accumulates in the legs or lower part of the body. And immediately after this, when standing, the flow of blood does not happen normally and the bp becomes low.
(ii). Postprandial hypotension :-
In this type of hypotension (low blood pressure), the blood pressure becomes low after eating food. Because after eating, blood flows towards our digestive system. Normally, our body raises heart rate and constricts certain blood vessels to help maintaining normal blood pressure. But some weak veins don’t constrict. So blood pressure level goes down.
(iii) Neurally mediated hypotension :-
Due to damage to the nervous system, there is a miscommunication (faulty brain signals) of information between the heart and the brain, due to which the blood pressure drops. These disorder symptoms are like many Parkinson’s diseases. If your blood pressure is causing other physical issues for some time, you should consult a doctor immediately from ArabiaMD.
(C). Low blood pressure symptoms (low bp symptoms) :-
- Frequent dizziness and fainting.
- Blurred vision.
- Loss of vision continuously.
- Cold, dry and yellowing of the skin is the common low bp symptoms.
- Persistent fatigue and depression.
- Persistent nausea is the beginning of the symptoms of low BP.
- Chest pain.
- Difficulty in breathing.
- Feeling more cold.
By knowing all these low blood pressure symptoms in time, the causes of its occurrence can be controlled.
Also Know :- High blood pressure symptoms.
(D). Low blood pressure causes :-
- Sitting or lying in one position for a long time.
- Lack of blood in the body is one of the low bp causes.
- Drinking less water is the first cause of hypotension (bp low).
- Using very little salt in food.
- BP is also low due to the effect of medicines of pregnancy and medicines of any other disease.
- Lack of nutrients in food is the main cause of low blood pressure.
- More stress always invite low blood pressure problem.
- Severe infections and allergies also cause of low bp.
(E). Low blood pressure treatment :-
- Drink more water :-
Fluids increase blood volume and help prevent dehydration (lack of water), which is very important for the Hypotension treatment.
- Wear compression socks (compression stockings) :-
Compressive socks are used to relieve the pain and swelling of varicose veins. Which helps to reduce the accumulation of blood in your legs. Due to which bp does not get low when standing immediately after sitting.
- Practice Yoga regularly :-
Regular practice of Kapalbhati Pranayama and Surya Namaskar in morning time gives relief from low bp very quickly. Because these pranayama and asana clean blockage of blood vessels.
- Cross the legs while sitting :-
By sitting with the legs crossed, BP does not decrease due to the pressure on the blood vessels. It is very effective method of “how to increase blood pressure”.
- Use more salt-rich foods :-
Salt is high in sodium, which works to increase blood pressure. But try to make salt intake normal again when bp level in normal.
- Medications :-
Fludrocortisone in orthostatic hypotension and Midodrine tablet in chronic orthostatic hypotension limits the ability of blood vessels to dilate, which increases blood pressure. But always take medicine for low blood pressure treatment after the Doctor consult.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages :-
Alcohol can lower blood pressure, so avoiding drinking excessive amounts of alcohol is the only way of bp low treatment.
- Avoid more stress :-
Due to more stress heart working efficiency goes down so blood pumping rate decrease which is big reason of drop of blood pressure. So always try to avoid take more stress.
Must know :- Foods to avoid with hyperthyroidism.
(F). Low blood pressure foods :-
1. Vitamin B-12 rich foods :-
Eggs, fortified cereals (Jhangora), chicken, mutton, fish and nutritional yeast are rich in B-12, which removes the problem of low bp. So, take these low blood pressure diet on regular bases.
2. Caffeine :-
Coffee and caffeinated tea can temporarily raise blood pressure by stimulating the cardiovascular system. But take these low blood pressure foods in balance amount.
3. Drinking lemon water and salt sugar water is very beneficial in low bp.
4. Include sweet and salty foods for high blood pressure in your low bp diet.
5. Eat almonds and raisins soaked in milk.
6. Eat food in small intervals (4 to 5 times) throughout the day.
Friends, hope that in this blog you got detailed information about low bp. Try to include yoga and proper diet in your lifestyle and start treatment on the advice of a doctor as soon as symptoms of any disease appear.
Don’t forget to read the following health blog for better health information.
Related Blog :-
- 21 easy natural steps of Thyroid treatment at home.
- Easy Thyroid test at Home.
- Don’t ignore thyroid symptoms in hypothyroidism.
Blog by :- Anil Ramola